Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Distress Oxide Water Painting with MFT All About You

Hi!
I fell in love with a technique Jennifer McGuire did of water painting with Distress Oxides.

I just loved how going over the images with the water gave them
 this ethereal look like they are glowing. 

I made these cards to give to some family and close friends for Mothers Day.


I used the exact technique Jennifer did of setting up my mini Misti with the images on one side then rotating 90 degrees to stamp the other to have symmetrical.

I used the Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers and More Spring Flowers stamp sets.
I heat embossed them with Ranger white embossing powder.


The purple on left was ink blended with Distress oxides in Shaded Lilac in the center and Wilted Violet to the edges. I then took Seedless preserves to darken up the edges just a tad.

The reddish orange one was done with aa combo of Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple.

 I water painted all the images and dabbed off to make lighter and then went back and painted in with the Shaded Lilac and Squeezed Lemonade 


The sentiments are from the MFT All About You stamp set and Dies. I used a Wink of Stella pen to add some shimmer to the You sentiments and added some Nuvo Jewel drops in Pale Periwinkle and Limencello to add some dimension and interest. 




Thank you so much for visiting and I hope to see you next time!
Cher 




No comments:

Post a Comment